The Baldwinsville Central School District, Baldwinsville, New York, Board of Education, is seeking a highly qualified Superintendent. The Board wishes to have the successful candidate assume the responsibilities of the position on September 1, 2021 or as soon thereafter as possible.
Location: 10 miles northwest of Syracuse, mid-way between Buffalo and Albany, 90 miles east of Rochester
McPherson & Jacobson, L.L.C., Executive Recruitment and Development has been engaged as the consultant in a search for outstanding candidates. They will assist the Board of Education in identifying and screening the candidates.
The candidate must have the background, skills, and abilities essential for excellence in educational leadership. The Board recognizes that selecting a superintendent is one of the most important decisions it will make. The Board has developed the following desired characteristics.
- A strong student-centered leader who possesses a track record of facilitating continuous educational improvement and high student achievement with measurable results. Routinely uses empirical data and stakeholder input to evaluate and inform strategic decision-making.
- An ethical leader who leads by example with integrity and transparency who holds themselves and others accountable. Is a visible, approachable presence in our community and is an excellent communicator and empathetic listener who responds appropriately to all stakeholders across our district.
- A visionary leader who seeks to understand our strengths and continues to build on the momentum of the district while developing and implementing an innovative strategic vision that reimagines the future of teaching and learning.
- An engaging and mindful leader that demonstrates the ability to build and maintain a climate and culture of diversity, equity and inclusion for all students and staff across our school district.
- An inspiring mentor who encourages all staff to reach their full potential through the development of their professional and leadership skills and provides opportunities for personal and career growth.
- A collaborative partner who provides timely information to the school board so they can make informed decisions and ensures members are meaningfully engaged in the work of our school district.
- An experienced financial steward with knowledge of budget development and financial management who ensures budget processes are aligned with board goals and mission.
Candidates must possess or be eligible for a New York State School District Administrator Certificate or New York State School District Leader Certificate.
Superintendent experience is preferred but all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Closing date for applications: June 21, 2021 (11:30 p.m. central time)
Board of Education selects semi-finalists to interview: Week of July 12, 2021
Finalists interviews with the Board of Education: July 26-28, 2021
Selection of new Superintendent: August 2,2021
Start date: September 1, 2021 or as soon thereafter as possible
Baldwinsville Central School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The district does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability and, when needed, will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees. Anyone requesting a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruitment process please contact McPherson & Jacobson at the address/phone/email above.
Additional Salary Information: The Baldwinsville Board of Education plans to offer a three-year contract with a salary range of $185,000-$215,000 plus a competitive benefit package. The Board will take into account the qualifications, experiences and a record of achievement and accomplishments of the successful candidate.
About BALDWINSVILLE CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
The Baldwinsville Central School District is located in the northwest corner of Onondaga County, covering 75 square miles and is 10 miles from Syracuse, NY. There are eight (8) school buildings with a total enrollment of 5,323 students.