The Southern Westchester BOCES Center for Special Services is seeking candidates for the position of Interim Assistant Director of Special Services. This is a temporary position, through January 30, 2021, with possible extension. The salary for this position will be a per day rate, which will be negotiable.
Assist the Director of Special Services in the leadership and management of the Center for Special Services, including some or all of the following:
1. Lead the Center for Special Services to ensure:
A. A continuum of special education programs and services are available to component school districts and students with special needs.
B. Development of appropriate culture and climate including safe, appropriate classroom space and resources for programs to maximize student learning.
C. Compliance with all Federal and State education regulations and mandates relating to special education.
D. Compliance and provision of programs and services consistent with all students’ Individual Education Plans (IEP).
2. Participate in the student enrollment/intake process in collaboration with school districts and families.
3. Effectively communicate, both written and verbally, with all constituent groups including parents and component school district representatives.
4. Respond to student, staff, parent and component school district concerns and provide feedback.
5. Assist in determining appropriate staffing levels for administrative, supervisory, teaching, and classified staff for the Center. Participate in the hiring process.
6. Participate in the management and oversight of the budget for the Center for Special Services.
7. Evaluate administrative, teaching and classified staff.
8. Perform any additional duties as assigned by the Director or Assistant Superintendent.
9. Participate in the management of Center-Wide systems, which may include personnel management and data.
New York State District-Level administrative certification; Excellent verbal, written and communication skills; Administrative experience at the building or Central Office level; Competence with the use of technology for communication; Familiarity with the Commissioner’s Part 200 Regulations.
Internal Number: 62220-106
About Southern Westchester BOCES
The Southern Westchester Board of Cooperative Educational Services (SWBOCES) coordinates and provides educational and related services for 32 school districts in the Southern Westchester Region.
BACK TO TOP
The Council’s Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else NYSCOSS has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at The Council’s Career Center.