Candidate must be committed to continuous improvement with the fundamental goal of advancing student achievement in an urban public school district. In addition, we are seeking candidates with the following educational and experiential requirements and knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Pennsylvania Department of Education-issued Superintendent's Letter of Eligibility
Experience serving as a Principal, especially in an urban environment, preferred
Master's degree in related field required; advanced degree or comparable work experience preferred
Must possess effective communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
Knowledge of adult learning and prior experience in executing successful professional development for a variety of constituents
Demonstrated use of multiple sources of data to guide and define decisions
Skilled with the coordination of professional development
A minimum of 5-7 years related experience preferred
Experience creating and implementing lessons that lead to demonstrated student learning and growth
Evidence of being able to design and deliver effective professional development sessions to teachers and staff
Experience analyzing formative and summative assessment data, identifying data trends to inform training and support, and using data to develop instructional strategies to meet student needs
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain effective peer-to-peer relationships
Demonstrated professionalism and excellent oral and written communication skills
Demonstrated leadership capabilities and knowledge of adult learning theory to influence adult practice ??
Evidence of working constructively with central office staff, teachers, principal(s), and other school staff ?
Experience analyzing, developing, implementing, and evaluating school action plans ?
No Residency Requirement
Essential Job Functions:
1. Create and implement a district-wide comprehensive professional development plan which includes a progress monitoring system that provides appropriate data points that can be used to strategically inform decisions aimed at continuous improvement.
2. Work collaboratively and cross-functionally with the Office of School Performance, Chief Academic Office, School Leaders, and other Central Office staff to design, implement, monitor, and assess the impact of professional growth and development opportunities.
3. Ensure alignment of professional growth and development opportunities to the Strategic Plan and other District priorities.
4. Lead the creation and implementation of a leadership development plan for School Leaders utilizing the Pennsylvania Inspired Leadership (PIL) Program procedure process.
5. Create and implement differentiated professional learning plans for principals, school-based directors, and assistant principals.
6. Facilitate professional development sessions for school leaders, central office staff, and teachers.
7. Analyze various data points to create and implement differentiated district-wide professional growth and development opportunities utilizing various learning platforms for teachers.
8. Support professional development needs for all central office departments, including the implementation of new technology systems.
9. Ensure the District's professional development page is monitored, maintained, and serves as a resource for employees in roles throughout the District.
10. Evaluate the impact of professional development programs; modifies and recommends changes to how professional learning is accessed and delivered as appropriate.
11. Utilize data to determine the most appropriate and effective mode for facilitating learning to specific audiences ensuring that experiences are engaging, meaningful and lead to enhanced knowledge and growth in practice.
12. Ensure that school-specific professional learning plans are included in each school's School Improvement Plan (SIP). Each plan should include all District level components and structures and be aligned to goals, strategies, and implementation steps that are highlighted in the SIP.
13. Lead the planning process, manage, and monitor all operations associated with District-wide professional development days.
14. Provide support to other professional development providers to ensure effective facilitation and alignment to adult learning practices.
15. Maintain proper documentation and reporting required for District and grant purposes.
16. Implement training, where appropriate, for educators focused on strengthening their knowledge of special programming including, but not limited to, International Baccalaureate.
17. Lead the work of the School District University Collaborative, with a focus on ensuring our student teachers are receiving professional development opportunities that will prepare them to work in our schools.
18. Collaborate with the Performance Management team to ensure that School Leaders are equipped to use the teacher evaluation system as a mechanism for authentic growth and development.
19. Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.