Candidate must be committed to continuous improvement with the fundamental goal of advancing student achievement in an urban public school district. In addition, we are seeking candidates with the following educational and experiential requirements and knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Master's degree in Education Leadership or related field
At least 3 years of recent Charter School leadership
Ability to work cross-functionally across departments and engage multiple stakeholders in working toward a common goal
Knowledgeable about change management and quickly able to establish credibility among team members including partners, peers, and executive leadership
Must possess strong analytical, time management, and organizational skills
Knowledge of district, state, and federal policies, guidelines, laws, and rules related to public school education and school-accountability
City of Pittsburgh Residency Required
Essential Job Functions:
1. Manage the review of charter school applications and the report of findings.
2. Manage the school district's annual progress review of district-authorized charter schools in operation, which includes the development of a comprehensive report of findings on each school.
3. Manage the charter renewal process and develop the report of findings.
4. Conduct systematic follow-up to monitor both academic and non-academic areas identified as needing improvement in charter schools.
5. Provide training to charter school review teams on PA Charter School Law and the use of tools/ processes for reviewing charter school applications and conducting charter school annual progress reviews.
6. Serve as district expert related to Charter School Law and best practices.
7. Coordinate application review, annual progress review and renewal teams.
8. Review and evaluate each charter school's Annual Report to the PA Department of Education.
9. Ensure a professional and timely response to internal/external communications, questions and concerns regarding charter schools.
10. Evaluate and report on charters' compliance with charter agreements, PPS charter policies and procedures, PA Charter School Law and the guidance provided in the PA Charter School BEC.
11. Provide information to inquiries about charter schools as well as PPS programs, schools, etc.
12. Respond to and investigate complaints, requests and general inquiries from charter school parents and staff by providing information or directing requests to others who can supply the necessary information or service.
13. Research and document best practices for reviewing charter school applications and monitoring them.
14. Coordinate development and implementation of charter school parent survey; analyze response data and report results.
15. Produce ad hoc reports upon request.
16. Support District departments in developing and maintaining productive and amicable working relationships with charter schools.
17. Continuously improve tools and process for reviewing and monitoring charter schools.
18. Establishes sound working relationships with charter school principals and other charter school stakeholders
19. Support the goals of the Office of Research, Assessment and Accountability.
20. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.