1. Supervise the Human Resources functions of the school district to attract, hire, and retain the most highly qualified personnel.
2. Supervise the Payroll Department for the District, ensuring the accuracy and integrity of all payroll functions.
3. Supervise the Food Service, Buildings & Grounds, and Transportation departments to ensure fiscal efficiency, quality customer service, and compliance with state regulations and board policy.
4. Ensure administrative systems are contemporary and are interjected with the district financial software system to ensure accuracy and efficiency of administrative operations.
5. Manage the development and annual update to a 10 year physical plant plan that details future physical plant maintenance needs.
6. Manage the development of a long term financial plan that highlights the financial needs of the district.
7. Manage the work queue system to ensure work is being done in a timely fashion and that the needs of students drive the work prioritization.
8. Respond to inquires from school administrators concerning campus issues.
9. Coordinate dissemination of information, policies, regulations, procedures, and reports to school administrators.
10. Conduct building inspections and classroom visitations to asses educational and operational effectiveness and assist school administrators to establish and maintain a productive learning and working environment.
11. Facilitate the work of internal and external auditors, including the development of audit response action plans.
12. Assist in developing and revising board policies and regulations of the district and implements as appropriate.
13. Serve as the Superintendent's designee in most employee grievances and disciplinary actions.
14. Oversee the maintenance of financial and employment files and records in compliance with the Federal and State Law and Board of Education polices. Ensure compliance with all Federal/State/School District regulations.
15. Research employment and business laws and regulations to implement procedures to maintain compliance with current legal requirements.
16. Responsible for the District Safety Committee fulfilling its responsibilities and ensuring safety plans are current and filed with the NYS Education Department.
17. Responsible for the development, implementation, and oversight of the annual district budget and any/all district grants.
18. Responsible for implementing a budget development process that is transparent and done in collaboration with stakeholders, including the Board Finance and Budget Committee.
19. Responsible for other such duties as may be assigned by the Superintendent.
20. Responsible for the implementation of District policies and programs related to Labor Relations, Facilities and Environmental Services, Transportation Services, Nutrition Services, and other non-instructional projects.
1. Minimum Master's Degree or Certified Public Accountant
2. New York State Administrative/School Business Official Certification
3. Minimum 5 years with successful experience as a financial officer in districts with budgets larger than $50 million annually
4. Strong understanding of best practices of school administration
5. Strong overall understanding of best practices of accounting, school district operations, and business office procedures
6. Effective communication and presentation skills with district administrative team, support staff, teachers, and staff
7. Knowledge of governmental accounting procedures, budgeting requirements, payroll, school finance, and capital projects
8. Ability to work harmoniously and effectively with a diversity of individuals including school personnel, parents, community members, business leaders, state education employees, and legislative officials
9. Strong contemporary technology skills
10. Perform other such duties as may be assigned by the Superintendent