The Director of Human Resources will lead the effort to recruit, hire, train and retain an exceptional and diverse staff in support of the Cayuga-Onondaga BOCES mission and vision. Our ideal candidate will demonstrate a passion and value for high standards and the positive impact that all human capital/talent can have on student learning, opportunities and achievement.
1. Possess or be eligible for the New York State School District Administrator (SDA) or School District Leader (SDL) certification
2. Experience in and demonstrated knowledge and application of effective human resources, principles, practices and trends
3. In-depth understanding of federal and NY State regulations regarding employment of school personnel
4. Knowledge of NYS plan for APPR, ESSA (standards), NYS assessments and mentoruing
5. Knowledge of Commissioner's and Civil service Regulations
6. Ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders, effectively organize and multiutask
About Cayuga-Onondaga BOCES
Welcome to the Cayuga-Onondaga BOCES Website. This website will provide you with information regarding the many exciting and highly effective programs and services available to the school districts that we serve. All BOCES across the state share a common mission: to prepare diverse populations for successful roles in a new global society.
We are accomplishing this by providing cost-effective shared services to school districts while initiating collaboration to close gaps in student achievement. Each day that mission is realized by the commitment and hard work of our board of education, administration, faculty and entire staff.
Our website is a snapshot of the dedication of professionals who are making a difference in the lives of our students every day.